Paris is known for its romantic appeal and you will find plenty of places and activities to light up the flame. The city of lights sparkles year long but fall is a quieter touristic season with less crowd which is great to experience a little romance.
Most romantic areas in Paris are Latin Quarter, Montmartre and le Marais. Lovers in Paris have a tradition to attach a lock with their name on it to the Art bridge (Pont des arts) in the 6th district and throw the key in the Seine river.
Neo-Classic style covered arcades are cute places for a tête-à-tête drink in the city. Here are the most romantic ones:
– Passage des Panoramas in the 2nd district.
– Galerie Vivienne in the 2nd district.
– Passage Jouffroy in the 9th district.
– Passage Verdeau in the 3rd district.
Strolling and cruising hand in hand:
– On place des vosges in le Marais area (3rd & 4th districts).
– In Montmartre from Les Abbesses square to the village of Montmartre (use the cable railway to climb), stopping over the “I love You wall” a 40 m² art work with “I love you” written in 250 languages, all the way to the Sacré coeur basilica (nice panoramic view).
– Carriage stroll around Eiffel tower and champs de mars.
– Tuk-tuk tour of Paris.
Seine river dinner cruise: